A COVID-19 mobile testing unit for pre-booked tests will be in Bracknell town centre between 10:30am and 4:30pm on:
- Saturday 30 May
- Sunday 31 May
This is as part of the effort to increase COVID-19 testing capacity and to supplement local and regional testing sites.
The mobile testing unit will be operated by fully trained military personnel and will be available to anyone who fits the national guidelines for testing.
You must register for an appointment in advance and take ID demonstrating that you are an essential worker, such as a staff ID badge or a letter or email from your employer.
The tests will only be offered to the following categories of people, and in some cases members of their household. The tests are not being offered to other members of the public at this time.
- all those working on the frontline in health and social care (with or without symptoms)
- patients in the NHS and residents in care homes (with or without symptoms)
- all essential workers with symptoms
- anyone over 65 with symptoms
- anyone who goes into work because they cannot work from home (for example, construction workers) and has symptoms
- anyone who has symptoms and lives with someone who meets any of the above criteria
Further details about your appointment will be provided when you book. Please follow the instructions provided to you by military personnel. Signs will also be in place to help direct you through the testing area.